Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Top 2 Drugstore Mascaras


When it comes to mascara, I'm usually a brand whore, only buying higher end products. My Mac False Lashes mascara is running out, and I wouldn't repurchase because I wasn't that pleased with it.

Before buying any beauty product, I always check the rating on Makeupalley.com. After much research, both Covergirl LashBlast Volume and Covergirl Professional Mascara had higher scores than almost all of the other drugstore mascaras. Max Factor mascaras also had high scores but I never see the brand anymore.

Covergirl LashBlast Volume
Covergirl Professional Mascara



I took before and after pictures using both Mascaras. Here are the results.

Makeup free lashes!

 2 coats of Covergirl Lashblast Volume

 2 coats of Covergirl Professional Mascara

The picture with the Covergirl Professional Mascara is a bit closer to the camera than the other. Regardless, I must say both mascaras did not flake throughout the day, nor did they smudge creating a black mess under my eye. Neither got too hard or crispy either. Both mascaras gave my lashes a super dark black color which I love.

Both mascaras definately beat out Mac False Lashes Mascara, but I must say the Covergirl Professional mascara was a bit better than the Covergirl LashBlash Volume. It actually gave my lashes more of a curl without using an eyelash curler and gave a tad bit more volume.
I definately recommend trying out these 2 mascaras.


3 comments:

  1. really been wanting to try Lashblast for a while now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loyal to lash blast for quite sometime. May have to try out cover girl's and see how it works. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete